Filed under Sports

New Orleans golf team competes in David Toms intercollegiate in Baton Rouge

UNO's golf team participates in the David Tom Intercollegiate. Photo provided by UNO Privateers.

Baton Rouge-The University of New Orleans golf team completed competition in the David Toms Intercollegiate, Sunday at The University Club in Baton Rouge.Round two of the three-round tournament, which was halted by darkness Saturday, was completed Sunday morning followed by the third and final round on the par-72 course.

Max Hellstrom, a senior from Stockholm, Sweden was tops among Privateers for the weekend shooting +14- 230 with rounds of 73-82-75.

Senior Ulisses de Toledo, Jr. shot the lowest round of the tourney for UNO, a second round one under par 71.  He finished at +16-232 (78-71-83).

Grayson Gilbert came in at +18-234 (81-85-78).  Ryan Fulton, a freshman from Covington, Louisiana finished at +19-235 (77-82-76) and Jackson Smith, of Tyler, Texas shot +31-247 (84-84-79).

COACH LORIO’S COMMENTS

“Max led us and played pretty consistent over the whole event minus two or three holes.  I think he proved his game is good enough to compete at a high level.”

“I still believe we have a talented group of young men.  The effort was good we just did not play well. We have to get back in the saddle and be ready for another good field and tough golf course next week at Louisiana Tech.”

NEXT UP

New Orleans will travel to Choudrant, Louisiana for the Jim Rivers Intercollegiate, Monday and Tuesday, October 15-16 at Squire Creek Country Club