Russian pianist Ilya Yakushev performs at the UNO Mar. 20th

Russian pianist Ilya Yakushev

Russian pianist Ilya Yakushev

The School of the Arts at the University of New Orleans Musical Excursions International Chamber Music Series is pleased to announce that Ilya Yakushev, Russian Pianist, will be performing at the University of New Orleans, Performing Arts Center, Recital Hall on Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 at 7 p.m.

Ilya Yakushev has performed extensively around the world including Russia, Korea, Singapore and the United States. He has performed with the San Francisco Symphony, the Boston Pops, and was the 2005 winner of the World Piano Competition, which took place in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Yakushev received his first award at age 12 as a prizewinner of the Young Artists Concerto Competition in his native St. Petersburg. In 1997, he received the Mayor of St. Petersburg’s Young Talents award, and in both 1997 and 1998, he won First Prize at the Donostia Hiria International Piano Competition in San Sebastian, Spain.

In 1998, he received a national honor, The Award for Excellence in Performance, presented to him by the Minister of Culture of the Russian Federation in Moscow. Most recently, Mr. Yakushev became a recipient of the prestigious Gawon International Music Society’s Award in Seoul, Korea.

Musical Excursions is free for UNO Students, $5 For non-UNO students and $10 for seniors, faculty and staff. For tickets, go to Eventbrite:http://bit.ly/2FwFncx