Regular season concludes with Senior Day Tuesday, road match at HBU Thursday

UNO Athletics

The University of New Orleans (11-15, 5-9 Southland) closes out the regular season with two matches in three days, beginning with Senior Day, Nov. 7 versus Southeastern Louisiana University (3-25, 1-13 Southland) in the Human Performance Center. Prior to the 6:30 p.m. start, Rondolyn Bryant was honored for her four-year contributions to the volleyball program. On Thursday, the Privateers head to Houston Baptist University (18-9, 9-5 Southland) for a 7 p.m. affair.

New Orleans must win both matches to remain in the Southland Conference Championship playoff hunt, as it is two games behind Abilene Christian.

Tuesday was the final home outing for Ro Bryant, senior outside hitter from Baton Rouge.

As a four-year member of the squad under head coach Millicent Van Norden, Bryant’s leadership is counted on as the Privateers look to end the regular season on a high note.

“She’s a great, spirited athlete with an excellent work ethic the only one like her on the team. Ro has given the program so much as a leader on and off the court. She is a great teammate and will be missed.”

Currently ninth in the conference, New Orleans must keep winning to stay alive. The top eight teams will qualify for the Southland Conference Tournament.

New Orleans downed Tuesday’s opponent on Oct. 14 in Hammond with a come-from-behind, five-set victory, 21-25, 19-25, 29-27, 25-19, 15-12.

The Privateers have a full day of coverage on social media with junior libero Samantha Uline taking over the @UNOPrivateers account and men’s basketball guard Damion Rosser handling the Southland Conference’s Instagram account to showcase the match from a fan’s/student-athlete’s perspective.

For full coverage of New Orleans volleyball, fans can follow @PrivateersVB on Twitter, follow @Privateers on Instagram, like /PrivateersVolleyball on Facebook, and subscribe to the PrivateerAthletics YouTube channel.