Students shine at UNO’s Got Talent

Anjanae Crump, Editor-in-Chief

On Thursday, Nov. 2 at the Sandbar, the Student Activities Council (SAC) held its annual talent show, UNO’s Got Talent.

“The show went really well,” said performer Christine Bourgeois. “The host, Chinedu Unaka, opened the show as a comedian and also performed a comedic skit at the end while the judges tallied the points.”

Six participants performed different acts. The first-place winners were Jonara Mercado and Jacob Fisher with their medley of Tori Kelly’s “All In My Head,” Frank Ocean’s “Thinkin Bout You” and Destiny’s Child’s “Say My Name.” Fisher played guitar as Mercado sang.

“It was an amazing experience, and I was so happy to showcase my singing in front of all the students of UNO,” said Mercado.

In second place was David Barrilleaux, with his performance of Amy Winehouse’s song “Rehab.” In third place was Christine Bourgeois with her performance of Adam Levine’s “She Will Be Loved.” Other performers included Alexa Jo, with Miranda Lambert’s “Mama’s Broken Heart,” and Tom Carter, who performed comedy and vocal impressions, and Rachel Autry, who sang “Titanium” by David Guetta, featuring Sia.

“I was really nervous at first, but the host made sure everyone clapped and cheered and was involved and respectful for each performance,” said Bourgeois. “There was a great turnout … it was really fun.”