Nate Frye Joins Niagara River Lions

CATHARINES, Ontario, Canada – The Niagara River Lions announced the signing of Nate Frye Friday on Twitter (@RiverLions). Frye was a four-year letter winner for the University of New Orleans men’s basketball program, appearing in 133 games for the Privateers.

A six-foot guard, Frye averaged 10.6 points in 24 games last season as New Orleans earned the Southland Conference regular season and conference tournament titles, advancing to the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament for the first time in 21 seasons.

What they said (Credit: Niagara River Lions):

“Nathan is a powerful combo guard on both sides of basketball. Nathan combines his physical play with quickness and aptitude. His play, personality and character is solid. I’m very excited to watch him compete.” – River Lions head coach Joe Raso.

“I want to thank God and the River Lions for providing me with the opportunity to play for such a great organization. A lot of hard work is being put into preparing for this season and we’re ready to make history and bring a championship back to Niagara!” – Nate Frye

SEASON TICKETS

Men’s basketball invites you to join in on the action at the Lakefront Arena all season by purchasing your 2017-18 basketball season ticket. The new 1-and-1 deal offers new season ticket holders an exclusive package for all the home men’s and women’s games. Buy one adult general admission ticket for $125 and get the second for just $1 (excluding processing and handling fee). Fans wishing to purchase or renew season tickets can visit UNOPrivateers.com/Tickets. Individual tickets go on sale Wednesday, Nov. 1. For questions or more information, please call the UNO Athletics Ticket Office at 504-280-GAME (4263).