Accelerated master’s programs give flexible options

Sofia Gilmore-Montero, News Editor

Through the new Accelerated Master’s Programs, students can earn credits toward a master’s degree while finishing their bachelor’s.

“We’re giving you the flexibility to allow [you] to use graduate-level courses toward the completion of the Bachelor’s [degree],” said Amanda Athey, Director of Graduate School.

As early as their junior year, students can declare their intent to complete both bachelor’s and master’s programs in order to shorten their time in school and total education cost.   


Programs available include:

B.S. Chemistry to M.S. Chemistry

B.S. Computer Science to M.S. Computer Science

B.S. Engineering to M.S. Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering)

B.A. English to M.A. English

B.A. Political Science to M.P.A. Political Science

B.S. Physics to M.S. Physics


“Those are the programs that have been approved for this fall, but there may be more programs coming,” Athey adds.  

To apply for the program in their area of study, students must have completed 18 credit hours at the 3000 level or higher in their major, 75 credit hours toward their bachelor’s and have a minimum GPA of 3.4.  


How to apply?


  1. Download the form listed on the website (
  2. Have your college, graduate degree program and the Graduate School sign the form.
  3. Return the completed and signed form to the Graduate School in the Administration Building 1004A, preferably in your junior year.