UNO Athletics

22 student-athletes from the University of New Orleans were named to the Southland Conference Commissioner’s Honor Roll for the fall 2016 semester announced recently by the league.

UNO had 14 Commissioner’s Honor Roll Honorees during the fall 2015 semester.  Each honoree earned at least a 3.0 grade point average and was eligible to compete in a conference sport during the fall semester.

“We are extremely proud of these outstanding student-athletes,” said Kirsten Elleby. Assistant Athletic Director for Student-Athlete Enrichment/Senior Woman Administrator. “Academics at the University of New Orleans are priority and it says a lot about these young people who can excel on the fields of competition and in the classroom.  We look forward to having more honorees in the spring.”

Two Privateers had perfect 4.0 averages, senior Federico M. Schmidt of men’s cross country and Kaitlyn Grice of volleyball.  11 cross country student-athletes were recognized and 11 members of the volleyball team were honored.

Grice was joined on the honor roll by teammates Rondolyn Bryant (3.6), Sophia Mitchell (3.44), Sarah Thomas (3.31), Rhyan Rand (3.06), KeKe Richards (3.6), Jordan Yauch(3.56), Devan Ingram (3.33), Cara Sander (3.5), Brianna Vega (3.8) and Andrea Nava(3.44).

Men’s cross country honorees are Mark Golay (3.82), Clayton O’Callaghan (3.75), Edmund Pine (3.54), Jared Blake Robertson (3.33), Michael Schwing (3.0).

In women’s cross country, Chelise Brown (3.75), Zoria Findley (3.2), Latoya Harris (3.31), Farydah Inoussa (3.36) and Jamila Nelson (3.54).

1,008 student-athletes were named to the Southland Conference Commissioner’s Honor Roll.