GMO’s are healthy and safe

Christopher Walker, Editor-in-Chief

GMOs, or genetically modified organisms, are an essential part of our everyday life. GMOs are the only feasible way that our exploding global population has enough to eat, and trying to avoid them creates a serious financial and logical headache.

Time and time again, numerous studies have proven that GMOs are completely safe for consumption. Virtually no evidence exists to support the theory that hormones transfer from animals and plants to the humans who consume them.

GMOs, which are much cheaper than their organic counterparts, have gotten a bad reputation in today’s society, for no reason other than the name “genetically modified” sounds bad. I cannot stress this enough: virtually no research conducted by a bipartisan organization shows GMO’s are less healthy than their counterparts.

The people who promote GMO-abstaining are the same people who swear by abstaining from gluten, the protein found in processed wheat. Though this small, vocal portion of the population chooses to be gluten-free, gluten has been proven to be fine for the vast majority of the population to consume.

Often, when people try to eat healthier, they get caught up in a plethora of information. No-carb diet, high-carb diet, high-fat, low-fat, only-eat-protein, paleo, keto, intermittent fasting: the list goes on and on. They strive for absolute perfection when “good enough” will do.

Someone eating a balanced diet of healthy, genetically modified organisms, such as grilled chicken breasts, broccoli, etc., is going to live a far-healthier life than someone who eats an unbalanced diet full of exclusively non-GMO produce.

Non-GMO products are also wildly expensive and can turn many people off from eating healthy if they believe it’s going to cost them so much more than eating fast food every day. Eating healthy food the right way is far cheaper than the unhealthy alternative. 
It’s the same concept as vegans who claim to eat healthy but look sickly because they only eat peanut butter and vegetables. A balanced diet is what’s important. The details, for 99 percent of the population, are irrelevant.